Centro de Esperanza (Hope Center)
There is a growing child hunger crisis in the Dominican Republic - and we desperately need your help!
We were heartbroken to learn that each day 300-400 children in the rural community of San Pablo suffer from hunger, malnutrition and dehydration. Their families do not have enough money to purchase food and the water is not safe to drink.
There is also a lack of access to healthcare (medical/dental) for these children; and we've discovered several instances of abuse (physical, verbal, sexual).
Since October 2012, Project Mañana has been providing daily nutritious meals and clean drinking water to 271 children - but, there are hundreds more children who need your help!
We Need More Space To Help More Children
Currently, we are at maximum capacity at our existing nutrition center and urgently need to expand our facility to meet the needs of the community; so more children can receive a nutritious meal and clean drinking water.
Additionally, we want to offer healthcare (medical/dental) and counseling services to the community.
* Project Updated June 1, 2018
Project Mañana is currently raising money to build TWO new buildings:
1. Nutrition Center: A two-story, state-of-the-art nutrition center in San Pablo, Dominican Republic.
The first floor will offer a large industrial kitchen, walk-in pantry, offices, and bathrooms.
The second floor will offer a large multi-purpose room where the children will sit to each their nutritious meal.
2. Hope Center: A two-story, state-of-the-art holisitc care center in San Pablo, Dominican Republic.
The first floor will offer medical/dental offices, counseling offices, lobby, staff pantry, and bathrooms.
The second floor will offer a lobby, offices, pantry, bathrooms, and a large multi-purpose room that will be used for church services, weddings, community meetings, emergency relief, and more.
Please Donate Today!
The total project cost is estimated at $275,000 US† -- and, the faster we're able to raise the money, the sooner we can extend aide to more children who desperately need it.
PLEASE DONATE TODAY: 100% of your tax-deductible donation will be allocated directly to the Centro de Esperanza building fund. Project Mañana does not take ANY administrative fees from your donation and we NEVER use your donation for anything besides the project in which it was intended. Learn More.
Phase 2 Goal: Raise $25,000 by April 30, 2019
Phase 2 Raised: $3,246
Building 1: Nutrition Center
- Nutrition Center ($75,000): Complete Structure - Funded!
Building 2: Hope Center
- Phase 1 ($20,000): Purchase Property & Plans - Funded!
- Phase 2 ($25,000): Building Footers - Raising Funds (Donate Now!)
- Phase 3 ($25,000): Building Foundation
- Phase 4 ($25,000): Walls/Doors/Windows
- Phase 5 ($25,000): Ceilings/Electrical
- Phase 6 ($25,000): Pantry/Bathrooms
- Phase 7 ($25,000): Appliances/Lights/Fans
- Phase 8 ($30,000): Cabinets/Fixtures/Tile
Hope Center Floorplans
Medical/Dental Offices, Counseling Offices
Lobby, Staff Pantry, Bathrooms
Lobby, Offices, Multi-Purpose Room, Pantry, Bathrooms
Nutrition Center Floorplans
Industrial Kitchen, Walk-in Pantry, Offices, Bathrooms.