Fill a child's stomach and they will open their mind.
Proper nutrition is a vital building block for children's growth and development. This project provides a cooked nutritious meal to impoverished children, 5 days per week. The children enrolled in the program have limited or no access to daily meals or clean drinking water and are carefully selected based on need.
Since 2010, our Nutrition Project has provided impoverished children with more than 469,000 meals. Meet the expert team who helps make this happen.
UPDATE: After serving meals in temporarily, ill-equipped facilities for nearly eight years, Project Mañana is excited to announce that on July 31, 2019 we began serving nutritious meals from our brand-new, state-of-the-art Nutrition Center (see the floorplan below) in the community of San Pablo; Villa González, Dominican Republic.
Sample Menu of Meals Provided:
- Day 1 - chicken, rice, beans, salad
- Day 2 - spaghetti, rice, beans, salad
- Day 3 - fish, rice, beans, salad
- Day 4 - eggplant, rice, beans, salad
- Day 5 - salami, rice, beans, salad
Project Mañana is proud to partner with Vitamin Angels who's mission is to help at-risk populations in need – specifically pregnant women, new mothers, and children under five – gain access to lifesaving and life changing vitamins and minerals.
Thanks to Vitamin Angels, Project Mañana is now able to provide children and pregnant women with:
- Vitamin A - which improves sight, helps fight measles, diarrhea, respiratory infections, and more
- Albendazole - which treats/prevents infections caused by worms & parasites within the body
- Prenatal vitamins to pregnant and breastfeeding mothers - which support the healthy development of their unborn child
Sponsor A Child
The Nutrition Project is made possible through Project Mañana's Sponsor A Child program; which unites children in need with individual sponsors who wish to address the children's immediate and basic needs. Sponsorship gives poor children the tools and opportunities necessary for success by providing benefits and supporting programs for each child - primarily in the areas of nutrition and education. Sponsorship starts at less than $2 per day.
Nutrition Center Floorplans
Industrial Kitchen, Walk-in Pantry, Offices, Bathrooms.