MENUContact Give ☰
Clean Water Project
Clean water is the most basic human necessity -- without it, survival is impossible.
More than 28,000 children die each week, worldwide, as a result of exposure to polluted water. Fortunately, there is a very low-cost solution to this 100% preventable crisis. This project provides simple-to-use water purification systems to impoverished communities at no charge to the families.
Project Mañana's team personally delivers each water purification system and provides training on its use and maintenance. Then, a community-based Clean Water Coordinator monitors each system and provides ongoing training on a regular basis.
Introducing the Filter of Hope
The Filter of Hope is a revolutionary water purification system that can produce 546,000 gallons of clean water over a 10-year period.
Our Impact: (as of November 29, 2022)
- Filters delivered to impoverished families: 920
- Gallons of clean water provided each year: 50,370,000
Filter of Hope Facts:
- Eliminates 99.9% of all bacteria and contaminants from highly-polluted water
- Has a 10-year lifespan; producing 150 gallons of clean drinking water daily
- Uses the same filtration technology used by kidney dialysis machines
- Self-contained system has virtually no maintenance
- Works on gravity - no electricity is needed
- Entire system weighs less than 2 pounds and is completely portable
How It Works:
Support The Clean Water ProjectGive A Filter
Give the gift of clean water to a family in need. For a one-time gift of $60 US* you can provide a Filter of Hope to an impoverished family. Each Filter of Hope is personally delivered by Project Mañana's team; and every family is trained on how to use and maintain the filter.
Each Filter of Hope Comes With:
- A self-contained filter with hose
- 5-gallon bucket - connected to the filter and filled with dirty water
- A hand drill - used for connecting the filter to the 5-gallon bucket
- A syringe - used for "back flushing" the filter weekly to keep it working for up to 10 years
- A storage hook - used for hanging the filter when not in use
* Price includes Filter of Hope ($40) + bucket + shipping to the Dominican Republic + distribution + training.